You’ve finally found the man of your dreams. The date is set, your wedding dress has been altered to perfection and all the arrangements have been made. But before you cross the finish line, there is one more rite of passage you have to go through: The Bachelorette Party! It’s the one thing that you don’t have to organize, and it’s a chance for you to spend quality time with your girlfriends.
We have some tips to not look like this the next day!
1. Eating dinner is a must if you are going to party all night!
You might be watching your figure to fit in your amazingly form fitting and tight mermaid dress, but the last thing you want to do is skip eating and risk getting too drunk to stay out with your girls. There is always this wonderful thing called Spanx to smooth it all in the last recourse!!
2. Load up on water. When you’re out having a great time with your best friends it is pretty easy to lose track of how much you’ve had to drink — until it’s too late. Have a glass of water or two between each alcoholic drink. It will save you from having a major headache the next morning.
3. Party in style but leave the mini skirt and the gorgeous “I can’t walk in them” heels at home! Let’s be honest …. lots of alcohol and itsy-bitsy skirts with towering heals are not a good combination. Plus you never know what your girls might have planned. Who knows? What if they’re taking you to that bar with a mechanical bull? You’d hate to miss out on the fun just because you wore the wrong outfit. You want to be comfortable on your big night… and you don’t want to end up on YouTube (no explanation needed, right ladies?!)
4. Cameras allowed only at the beginning of the night! Sure there’s a temptation to capture every moment but do you really want those images splattered across Facebook? Instead, take photos at the start of the night when everyone is cute and in their best behavior. Then after the first few drinks put it away, at the bottom of your bag, and never look back. You want to remember this:
5: Leave ALL phones in the Limo. In case no one ever told you this, allow me to drop some life-knowledge on you: Alcohol + Cell phones = Disaster. For some reason there is always one friend at the bachelorette party who does a few shots and decides that this is a great time to call and argue with her boo/boyfriend/baby daddy… which leads to DRAMA and the attention off you. No phoning home! You’re there to spend this night with your girls, so don’t call your fiancé every five minutes to remind him how much you love him. Trust me, he knows!
6. Don’t invite the “sloppy” friend, yes we all have one! The Sloppy Friend is someone who drinks her weight in tequila, uses all the no-no words and ends up throwing John Travolta’s moves all night on the dance floor… to resume The Drama Queen. She can stay at her house for one night, tonight it’s your night. No need to have one more horrific story because the Sloppy Friend ensured her drama duty!
7. Stick together, ALWAYS. The last thing that needs to happen is to lose one of the bachelorette crew members. T-shirts can make everything easier and helps to spot the bride’s team from afar and can make everyone feel special. The most important rule is to never leave anyone behind, you come together, you leave together. The cute guy hitting on your maid of honor can wait until tomorrow if he likes her so much. There is nothing more vulnerable than a group of “happy” beautiful girls who are in the party mood!
8. Be Good! You don’t want to wake up and regret what happened the night before. You are getting married! Enjoy your night as some fun girl time, but trust us, you still get to have girl time even after you’re married.
So have fun, forget all the craziness of the last months, and slow down on the drinks! You want to remember your night because it was unforgettable in a good way!